Donate today and help a young participant compete!
It's easy and a great investment.
Join this energetic and dedicated team of adults. Volunteering is a rewarding way to encourage and to support our youth. They dream about a bright future and then work toward those dreams. You can be the guide, the facilitator and the mentor guiding them to a dynamic destiny. Become an Seattle ACT-SO volunteer today!
Become a JUDGE!
This is your opportunity to share your expertise and
encourage a bright fututre
Criteria for Selecting Judges
Judges must not have any contact with or be any relation to students who may be competing in the category they are judging.
ACT-SO judges are required to be degreed professionals or employed in the category that they are judging. Junior College or College Professors, professional architects, engineers, journalists, actors, painters, etc. are good candidates. Judges cannot be coaches, mentors, teachers or parents of students competing
The same set of judges can judge relative categories if they are qualified, i.e., drawing and painting
Prior to or during the competition, judges are not to instruct, advise or discuss scores with contestants relative to their performance/presentation.
VOLUNTEER to help run the competitions.
Consider joining the team and becoming a competition assistant
This position requires an individual who is assertive, organized, and possesses leadership, customer service, communication and problem solving skills. The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Managing and overseeing activities in respective competition category
- Hosting participants, judges, and observers
- Maintaining crowd control
- Communicating judging procedures to audience
- Communicating procedures and special instructions to contestants before judging
- Preparing contestants music for competition
- Keeping and reporting contestant time to judges
- Assuring that judges’ needs are met (i.e. copies, pencils, water, etc.)
- Collecting judge score sheets during breaks and at the end of the competition
- Compiling, sort and prepare student evaluations for distribution
- Performing such other duties that may be requested by the ACT-SO Chairperson
Have a Question?
If you have a question that was not answered above, please feel free to contact our Seattle ACTSO team via email on our CONTACT page.
There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.